The advent of Internet has given a new diversion and scope for internet marketing as it easy and time saving with minimum cost involved. Over the years there have been various technologies incorporated for online marketing and E-commerce is one such and newly developed technology which has given a new scope to digital marketing.
E-Commerce is termed as Electronic commerce: it makes use of internet and web to conduct business transaction. This is the blend of strategy and robust technology which gives a unique online identity. Ecommerce is a business that tends to grow everyday and as new people are getting comfortable with internet the interest of people is increasing in online purchase and online business as it is convenient from the geographical point of view.E-commerce technologies enable merchants to target their marketing messages to a person’s name, interests, and past purchases. They allow a merchant to change the product or service to suit the purchasing behavior and preferences of a consumer,the total amount and quality of information available to all market participants is vastly increased and is cheaper to deliver.E-commerce, in the popular sense, can be defined as the use of the Internet and the Web to conduct business transactions Examples of Ecommerce Electronic Payments, Internet Banking, Online Ticketing.
Types of Ecommerce:
- Business to Business (B2B)
- Business to Consumer (B2C)
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C)
Why an E-COMMERCE website?
- It support multiple languages and currencies
- Customized look and feel & Friendly architecture
- Higher Return on Investment & New and latest technology
- Has the capability to penetrate deep into the market
- Better conversion rate and more traffic
- Stand apart from your competitors online
- It allow two-way communication between the Company and users.
- It is available in any part of the world, all the time.
- It has Universal standards as it is shared by all of the nations in the world.
- Information that is complex and content rich can be delivered.
- User content generation and social networking technologies